Most of us know that the iCloud by Apple has been developed for only the Apple devices such as iPhone, Mac, iPad, iPod or many more. So that means we will need an expensive Apple iPhone or any other device of Apple to create an iCloud email ID. However, when we change our device and switch to an Android Smartphone, most of the users tend to stop using their iCloud email ID.
If you are still thinking of using your iCloud account on an Android device too, read this article to set up your iCloud account on an Android device and follow the guidelines given below:
- Go to the default mail app or your Gmail app on the Android device.
Note: The third-party email client apps can also be used to set up the iCloud email.
- Tap on the Add account option.
- And enter your iCloud email ID on the field.
- Then enter your iCloud password at the bottom and log in with your iCloud account.
- Click the Manual Setup.
- Then choose IMAP, and you will need to set a server as imap.mail.me.com.
- Now you have to set the port to 993, and then select SSL/TLS as security type.
- Here in the next window, you will need to choose the server settings of outgoing as follow:
- SMTP Server: smtp.mail.me.com / Port: 587 / Security type: STARTTLS. Also, you will need to enter the username, and then tap on Next button.
- Now your iCloud email account will be set on your Android Smartphone, and the emails are likely to be synced when the device is connected to the internet.
Note: Moving your existing iCloud email ID to a new Android Smartphone does not have any change to your mailbox. When using iPhone, you were able to set the account in just simple steps, but when you have come to an Android device, some additional process will be required to perform it since the manual setup has been essential.
James Thomas is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at www.norton.com/setup