iPhone has a number of parental control features. With the help of Restrictions settings, they can weed out adult content, block websites, or whitelist certain websites. They can also disable access to iPhone applications, such as Safari. Moreover, iPhones have an inbuilt web content filter that auto detects explicit sites unsuitable for minors and does not allow them to access it. Users can also wholly disable private browsing, disable browsing history from being cleared, and turn off the ability to enable the incognito mode.
There are many reasons for blocking certain websites on iPhones and iPads. People with small children, would definitely want to filter out inappropriate web content. In iOS 6, there was no method for directly disabling specific websites in Safari app. However, iOS 7 and its successors, allow users to block sites by going to Restrictions. Read on to find out how you can prevent access to adult content and specific websites in Safari on your iOS device.
How to block access to adult content on iPhone
- Unlock your iPhone.
- Tap on the grey and black Settings application.
- Select General from the list.
- Scroll down and tap on Restrictions in the General Settings screen.
- Now, enable the restrictions.
- Enter a restrictions pass-code. It will be four characters long.
- Re-enter the same four characters pass code for confirmation.
- Select Websites from the list.
- Now, hit the Limit Adult Content option.
How to block websites in Safari on iPhone
- Open the Settings app. It is located in the Home screen.
- Go to General.
- Select the Restrictions option.
- Enable the Restrictions now.
- Enter a four characters pass-code in the Set Pass-code screen.
- Re-enter the pass code once more for confirmation.
- Scroll down to the Allowed Content section.
- Hit the Websites option.
- Select Limit Adult Content from the list.
- Now, below Never Allow, select Add a website.
- Enter the website’s link in the Add a Website screen.
- Hit the blue Done button at the bottom of the screen.
James Thomas is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber-security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.