Microsoft Office Suite is an integral part of Microsoft Windows with several services embedded in it. Microsoft Word is one of the apps in the Office Suite for creating documents. Microsoft Word also recognized as Word, has undergone several changes and has developed over time. Now, it has a setting activated by default for capitalizing the first letter of the sentences. The default setting for capitalizing the first word is really convenient since it saves our time from pressing the Caps Lock or Shift button from our keyboard.
Well, there are situations when MS Word is either not capitalizing or one wants to use small letters only. The inability to work in Word in your own way could be frustrating. Sometimes, we accidentally change the settings without knowing anything about it. But, Microsoft Word the lets the user bring changes in the settings with appropriate steps. By appropriate steps means that you will know what change will be in the functioning of Word.
Well, if it is annoying to see the first letter being capitalized or small, you can enable or disable the Word Capitalizing function in Microsoft Word. If you don’t know to dig into the settings of Microsoft Word, then don’t worry at all and follow the steps mentioned below to make the essential changes according to your needs. Let’s begin to dig into the settings of Word.
HERE’S HOW TO DISABLE OR ENABLE CAPITALIZING IN MICROSOFT WORD
- Open Start menu and go to Microsoft Office.
- Open Microsoft Word in your system.
- Now, go to Office button at the extreme top left corner of the document.
- Click to open Office button and move to Word options at the bottom of the list.
- Click it to open the Word Options box.
- Select Proofing from the left pane.
- In the main pane, go to the AutoCorrect options
- Now, click AutoCorrect options
- An Auto Correct box will open with various options.
- Now you can Check or Uncheck the options according to your need.
- If you want to use small letters, then uncheck the second option saying Capitalize first letter of sentences.
- If you want to capitalize the first letter of sentences, then select the option.
- Now, click Ok to save the save the changes.
- Now, click Ok again to save and close the Word Options window.
Your settings have been changed according to your choice. Start typing on Word and check if Word is functioning according to changes you have done. If not, then the settings are not saved accordingly. Hence, follow the same steps and change the settings deliberately.
James Thomas is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, James has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.