McAfee was formerly known as Intel Security Group. It is an American global computer security software company with its headquarters in California. It is the world’s largest security technology company. The kit contains an antivirus program, which is maintained and created by McAfee. It produces an enterprise level product named VirusScan Enterprise, designed especially for the use of more extensive networks. It consists of a ‘client application’ along with a ‘server application.’
This blog will teach you how to remove McAfee Total Protection app from Mac computer Windows.
- Open Start by clicking on the Windows logo in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Open Settings and click the gear-shaped icon in the lower left side of Start Window.
- Click on the Apps; It will be in the Settings window. When you do this, It will open a list of your installed apps. If you don’t see a list of your currently installed app, Confirm that you are on the right tab by clicking on Apps & features in the left side of the window at the top.
- Now Scroll down to the McAfee option, You will find “McAfee Total Protection” heading in the “M” section of the menu.
- Click McAfee Total Protection. Doing so will expand the heading.
- Click on Uninstall; It is below the heading of “McAfee Total Protection.”
- Click on Uninstall when induced. You will see this option just above the first Uninstall option.
- Click Yes when triggered. This is going to take you to McAfee uninstall wizard.
- Complete the form of Uninstallation. Once McAfee’s uninstall wizard is opened, follow below-given steps
- Check McAfee Total Protection box.
- Check to Remove all files for this program box.
- Click the blue Uninstall button.
- Click Uninstall again when triggered.
- Click “Restart” now, Once McAfee has finished uninstalling, you will restart your computer. This will complete the uninstallation process and will remove McAfee from your computer. Click “Restart” later to restart your computer at a different time. Keep this in mind that the process of uninstallation won’t get complete until you restart the computer.
- Re-enable the Windows Defender; If you have not restarted your computer, The Windows defender may still be turned off. It will itself turn back on. Eventually, the process can be given speed by following up these steps:
- Open Start
- Type in windows defender
- Click Windows Defender Security Center
- Click Turn on if possible. If you see green check-marks next to the different security icons on the dashboard, Windows defender will be enabled.
James Thomas is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber-security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for McAfee security products at mcafee.com/activate .