The Windows computer system has English as a default language which is related to the developer of the operating system. Perhaps the language was specified during the time of configuration of setup in the system, but it doesn’t mean that you cannot work on your computer by choosing the other language. All you need to do is change some setting options in your system. It might need you to do little dig in the settings of your system, but Settings app and Control Panel will help you to change the language of the entire system.
Well, there could be various reasons for changing the language in the system, such as you may have accidentally activated a different language. If this is the case, then you should not work directly towards reinstalling the Windows to begin again as it will take effort along with time and you will also lose your data.
Let’s see the steps to change the language in Windows 10 PC.
DISABLE LANGUAGE PREFERENCES
- Press the Windows key + I button combination.
- It will open the Settings window of the system.
- Now, go to Accounts and click to open it.
- Select Sync your Settings.
- You will see the Language Preferences
- Turn its toggle switch off.
CHANGE THE LANGUAGE
- Now, go back to the Settings main page.
- Click Time & Language and proceed to Region & Language.
- Navigate to Languages and click Add a Language
- Go to the search box.
- Now, search for the language you want to use.
- Click to select the language and click Next
- Select Set as my Windows display language.
- Check the additional feature and click to Install.
- Make sure the new language is selected under Windows display language.
- Ensure your current location is correctly filled under the Country or region.
- Click the Administrative Language settings option.
- Click the Administrative tab and select Copy Settings
- Go to the Copy your current settings to section.
- Check Welcome Screen and system account. Now select New user accounts options
- Click Ok twice, and you are done.
Now, you have successfully completed the process of changing the OS language. As you are now aware of the process of changing the language in Windows 10 system, you won’t need any help in switching to the language you are comfortable with.
James Thomas is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, James has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.