The performance of iPhones is always admired in the technical world, but it doesn’t mean that the phone will never dissatisfy its users. It would be wrong to say that the iPhones work without a lag in their function. There are times when iPhone users came forward and revealed that utilities of the phone are not working properly. It includes the keyboard lag problem in iPhone.
No matter what is causing the lag in the keyboard, there are some methods to resolve the issue. To troubleshoot the lag in your iPhone, follow the methods mentioned below and increase the performance of your keyboard.
Here’s how to solve keyboard lag issue in iPhone
Force Restart iPhone
Slow performance of the device can be cured by restarting it. All the running programs including those which run at the background are closed. These programs use the device resources at a high level causing the inbuilt utilities to lag. Hence restarting the device will bring the desired results. Remember that every iPhone series have its Force Quit method which differs from each other.
- For iPhone 6 series users – Press the Home and Power together. Keep the buttons pressed and wait until the screen turns off, and Apple logo appears.
- For iPhone 7 series users – Press the Side and the Volume down Button for 10-15 seconds. Wait until the Apple logo appears.
- For iPhone 8 series users – Press and quickly release the Volume Up button and then quickly press and release the Down button. Now, long press the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Resetting the Keyboard Dictionary
If the restart fails to enhance the keyboard performance, then try resetting the Keyboard Dictionary. It will clear everything from your iPhone keyboard, including the custom words saved in the dictionary.
- Launch Settings on your iPhone
- Now, tap to open General.
- Scroll down to Reset and tap on it.
- Now, tap on the Reset Keyboard Dictionary
- You will be prompted to enter the pass-code.
- Enter the pass-code and confirm it.
- Your iPhone will successfully reset the keyboard.
- Check if the problem is solved or not.
Update your iPhone Software
If there are no methods worked out, then try updating the device software. The device somehow tries to indicate the requirement of new software by slowing down the performance or continuously crashes the applications installed in it.
- Open Settings and tap on General.
- Now go to Software Update.
- Your device will tell you if there is an update available or not. If yes then, download and install the update.
The keyboard could lag in iPhone due to some reasons, but there is always a remedy for a problem generated in the device. Perform the troubleshooting approaches mentioned above, and you will fix the keyboard lag without wasting your time. Remember, if any of the solutions fail to resolve the lagging keyboard problem, even after updating the software, then you will need to restore your phone. But before that, create a backup of the data stored in your iPhone.
James Thomas is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.