Did you just buy a new iPhone? You must be rushing to find out how to set up your new iPhone without losing the data from old iPhone. Well, you should know that you are in the right place as this blog will provide the best solution to set up a new iPhone without losing the data from older iPhone. All you need is a computer system or wireless internet connection. Within moments, you will be working on your new iPhone and enjoying the same old content that you backed up from the previous iPhone device. So let’s help you out with the steps and methods to set up the new iPhone.
Here’s how to set up a new iPhone
Backup Old iPhone
Backing up the older iPhone will allow you to restore the data in the new iPhone without losing it. Hence it is really essential to Backup the old iPhone. There are two methods to backup the device. One is using the iCloud service, and the other is by using the iTunes.
- Backup with iCloud
- Open the Settings of your old iPhone.
- Tap the Apple ID and scroll down to iCloud.
- Tap to open it and select iCloud Backup.
- Enable the iCloud backup by tapping the toggle button. The slider will turn green in color.
- If the device is not backed up recently, and you need to save the data immediately then select Back Up Now option from the bottom.
- Backup with iTunes
- Make sure that you have the updated version of iTunes for better results.
- Connect your old iPhone with the computer.
- Open iTunes in the system and select the device.
- Click the Sync button the backup will be created.
Switch on New iPhone
- Hold the power button and turn on the new iPhone.
- Now, follow the instructions from the phone and swipe up.
- The device shows you some options. Select according to your choice.
- Use the internet connection to enable the Location Services.
- You will find an option to Restore from iCloud Backup, Restore from iTunes Backup or Setup as New iPhone.
- As you have created the backup of the data from your older iPhone, you can select the option to either backup from iCloud or backup from iTunes.
Restore From Backup
You can restore the backed up data on your new iPhone from either of the services. Remember to choose the one, where you created the backup of your older iPhone.
- Restoring from iTunes
- Connect the new iPhone to your computer.
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- iTunes will prompt if you want to Set Up as New or Restore from Backup. Click Restore from Backup.
- Remember, during the restoration of the data on iPhone, if the progression stops then give the whole process more time and don’t plug out the device.
- Restoring from iCloud
If you have created a backup on iCloud, then you will need an internet connection for your new iPhone and the device should be plugged in with power cord.
- Select Restore iCloud Backup.
- Tap on Next and enter the Apple ID login credentials.
- Now, choose the backup created from the Old device.
- Tap Restore and wait until the process of restoring the data onto new iPhone completes.
Congratulations, you have successfully setup your New iPhone. Now you can see all the data from previous iPhone is stored in your new iPhone. All the content and settings are now available on the new phone. To set up a new iPhone backing up the data onto a cloud service is very beneficial as it only requires an internet connection to restore everything.
James thomas is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for McAfee security products at mcafee.com/activate