The VLC Media Player is always an open source audio and video-playing program which is developed by the VideoLAN team. However, the VLC Media Player has been supported for MP4, WMV, AVI and DIVX video files and support also includes MP3, AAC, WMA, and WAV audio files, among all the others. By adding up some more, it also has a built-in Media Library. In the Media Library, all the users can be easily able to find all the audio and video files which are contained by a folder on the computer system of the user. This will help in making the Media Library a very simple and easy process for all the users of VLC Media Player.
The below-given process will help you in directing the way of how to locate all your music files by using VLC media player. But we advised you to use this process in the given sequence as it will save your precious time and efforts. The steps are given below.
Steps to Locate All Music Files by Using VLC Media Player
Before starting the process, we first need to create a Desktop shortcut for the VLC Media Player. Then, we need to amend the VLC path in its Properties only to add the preferred path of the folder with the multimedia files.
Follow the steps discussed below:
- Firstly, create a Desktop Shortcut of the exe file of VLC on your Desktop screen.
- Imagine, you already created a shortcut on your screen, right-click on that shortcut and from the context menu choose Properties.
- Then, choose the Shortcut tab.
- In its targeted field, you have to add a string which appears next to the path.
- Alternatively, the part following the initials –LZ refers to that path of the folder that you prefer from the VLC Player to work for it.
Note: Locations might differ but –LZ path must remain same.
- Once it is completed, click on the Apply tab.
- Click to open the shortcut that you already created before started the process to locate all music files by using VLC Media Player.
After completing the process, now you can be able to play all your favorite songs or media files from a folder just by using the VLC Media Player, for this, you need to open access the shortcut direct from your desktop/screen.
James thomas is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.