This Unknown Software Exception 0x40000015 Error is a Windows error message normally pops-up on any version of the Windows computer. Thus, this application error might show up anytime on your screen when you are using a Windows computer. When you notice this Windows error, then a pop-up message will appear on your screen which says:
“The exception unknown software exception 0x40000015 occurred in the application at location 0x350082db. Click on Ok to terminate the program.”
However, most of the Windows 10 users have reported this issue. Usually, this error occurs when a system file has been corrupted.
Causes of 0x40000015 Errors
Here are some most common causes that trigger this error on your screen:
- Incomplete installation of any software.
- Corrupted system files incorrect uninstall.
- Updates all installation problems.
- Accidental removal or replacement of the Windows registry.
Moreover, this error message might notice or pop-up due to cyber infection or after the computer improvement when a virus, malware, or corrupted files are deleted. If you find that your device might be infected with the malware, then you should check and fix this issue immediately.
Here we discuss a few simple methods with a complete stepwise guide to fix this unknown software exception 0x40000015 error from your windows 10.
Steps to Fix Windows 10 Unknown Software Exception 0x40000015 Error
We advise you before going through steps run a full system scan with Reimage or any alternative program. These tools help you in recognizing any system errors, corrupted files, startup problems, or some other issue. The steps are given below, but follow these steps in ascending order to avoid any damage. Here how to fix it:
Method-1: Run the SFC (System File Checker)
We already discussed above that this error occurred due to corrupted system files. Thus, running the System File Checker will automatically repairing all corrupted files available on your system and also help you in fixing error 0x40000015. Here how it is:
- Type “cmd” in the Windows search box.
- Then, right-click on the Command Prompt and then select Run as an administrator option.
- Under the Command Prompt tab, type the following command “sfc/scannow.”
- And press the Enter key.
- Wait until the scan process is completed and gives you a notification about repairing corrupted files.
- At last, restart your computer system.
Once it is done, now carefully check if the application error is gone or still exist.
Method-2: Install all Available Updates
At times, some available software or operating system updates make programs crash or do not work properly, or might help in fixing corrupted files. You need to check that if an update is available. Here how to check available updates:
- Click on the Start tab.
- Then, click on the Settings icon to open it.
- Now, go to the Update and Security option.
- After that, click on the Windows Update tab.
- Next, click on the Check for Updates button.
Once check if there is any updates available, then you need to install them by following the on-screen instruction.
James Thomas is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for McAfee security products at mcafee.com/activate.