Nowadays, µ Torrent is being used by many users of the BitTorrent clients around the world with almost over the 150 millions of the users across the globe. This u Torrent software is companionable with almost all the platforms, including Windows, iOS, Android, Linux. However, it will help their users in downloading data and stream directly from where you want to. Moreover, the µ Torrent software uses the minimum computer resources for completing its functionality.
Nevertheless, it’s an application which is associated with the adware to shows the advertisements for benefitted to all creators. But some users have reported that this application is not secure and safe, as it can download the malware from many other websites. Also, users have encountered the error which throws an error message while using the application which says; “The system cannot find the path specified.”
Are you encountering the same error, you have only to option which you have to follow either update the µ Torrent software or remove it permanently from your device. Below we provide you with simple instruction which would help you in removing the µ Torrent permanently from your computer system. The steps are mentioned below.
Steps to Remove µ Torrent from Windows 10
Whenever your µ Torrent is not working properly, in this case, one of the best options is to remove or uninstall it permanently from your Windows 10 device. Before start deleting it, keep in your mind that to removing the µ Torrent you have to delete the main installer of µ Torrent from your system. To evade unwanted trouble, you need to follow the steps in the exact series.
Solution-1: Remove µ Torrent Client
- Firstly, press the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys all together on the keyboard to open the ‘Task Manager’ window.
- Search all the options associated with the µ Torrent, click to remove them from your system.
- Now, enter ‘Control Panel’ in the footer left side corner of the screen and press ‘Enter’ tab.
- Inside the ‘Control Panel’ page, navigate towards the ‘Uninstall a Program’ option.
- Look for the µ Torrent and double-click on it to, choose and click on the ‘Uninstall’ tab to remove it.
- Now, a notification window will blink on the screen with the confirmation message. Confirm that you have to uninstall the program, press the ‘Uninstall’ tab.
- After that, wait for few seconds until the process is completed.
- Lastly, hit the ‘Restart’ tab to restart the computer system to save all the changes.
Solution-2: Remove µ Torrent Windows Registry Key Entries
- Press the Windows + R keys at the same time to start the Run command box.
- In the ‘Run’ search box, enter ‘regedit’.
- A list of options appear on the screen from the search result, choose ‘Run as Administration’ option.
- Then, Run as Administrator option will be opened in the next window and it will steadily disclose the following command just to find the µ Torrent folder. The key is: “HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software.”
- Click on the ‘Delete’ option to remove the entire folder as all contents are directly associated with the µ Torrent.
- After that, press on the ‘Edit’ option.
- Under the ‘Edit’ option, choose ‘Find Next’ option.
- Inside the ‘Find Next’ tab, copy and paste the same as ‘µ Torrent’.
- Make sure that remove all things related to the µ Torrent clients.
Roger Frost is a self-professed security expert; He has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.