If you want to deactivate the MS Office in the system, then you have to first uninstall the old system on the MS account. After that, you can activate MS office on a new system. In case you have an old version of MS Office, then it cannot be moved to a new system. You have to update the MS Office to its latest version.
How to Uninstall Microsoft Office on an Old System?
• Open the Office store in your default browser.
• Sign in to the “Microsoft Store.” Open the MS store page and enter the username and protected password which is linked with the MS Office to sign in. After signing in, the site will show you a list of installed programs which you are still using.
• Press “Install.” It resembles the carroty color tab given in the section which is named as “Install.”
• Tap “Deactivate Install” option. It is located in the section which is named as “Installed.”
• Press the “deactivate” button in the context menu. The option will appear on your screen asking you to verify again if you want to deactivate the MS Office. This process will deactivate the MS Office.
Steps for Deactivating MS Office on Windows:
• Press “Windows Search” option. It resembles a clock or a round shape. You will find this in the “Windows Start Menu” page.
• Enter “Control Panel” into the search bar. It is located at the end of the search bar.
• Press “Control Panel” option. This option looks like an azure color image having a diagram on it.
• Tap “Uninstall a program” button. You will find this in the olive header which indicates “Programs.” The list of all the programs that are installed on your system will appear on your desktop.
- In case you don’t get that option, choose “Category” option located into the “View By” pull-down menu. The pull-down menu is on the right side of the Control Panel page.
• Press to highlight MS Office. It will show you the option of the latest version of MS Office.
• Tap “Uninstall” button. You will get this in the folder of the programs you had already in your system, among “Organize” and “Change.”
• Press “Uninstall” given in the shortcut menu. This will give an option that you wish to uninstall MS Office and then click “Uninstall” button to complete this process.
• Press the “Close” button. After completing the installation of MS Office, you will get this option.
How to Uninstall MS Office on Mac?
• Press the “Finder.” It resembles an azure and fair color symbol having a smiley face. You will get this in the Mac dock.
• Tap “Applications” option. It is located on the left side of the box.
• Right-clicking MS Office. This will show you a list of all the programs you had installed on the Mac or check the installed program folder. • Press “Move to Trash” option. It will deactivate the MS Office. If you move the unnecessary software’s into the trash folder, then the storage in hard disk will become empty.
James Thomas is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, James has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.